Mar 12, 2009

Sera of Sierra Leone

Sera, originally from Sierra Leone is my Fotki Friend. She went natural in December 2003 because of hair damage caused by relaxers.

KiK: When did you go natural and why?
Sera: I went natural in December of 2003 because of damage from relaxing.

KiK: What have you loved most about being natural?
Being able to go short (letting shrinkage take over) one day & long the next (by stretching or straightening) Detangling has been my least favorite part of my natural hair journey.

KiK: What's your best advice for people transitioning to natural?
Make sure you research & get as much info as you can about being natural & taking proper care of natural hair. Also, make sure you are doing it for the right reasons.

KiK: What is your best advice for people who are trying to stay natural?
Sera: Keep working with your hair, be patient & gentle when handling your hair & always take good care of it - with time, you will rip the benefits.


KiK: What are your top three products and why?
Sera: Shea Butter - keeps hair moist & helps with ease of detangling
Jojoba Oil - is close to sebum & helps with sealing in moisture
Castor Oil - helps with smoothing & with sealing in moisture.


See her regimen here
http://public.fotki.com/Sera252/all_about_hair/regimen-1/regimen/


And her old product choices here
http://public.fotki.com/Sera25/natural_pics/products_i_currently_use/

Find her on the web

www.fotki.com/Sera252

www.fotki.com/Sera25


www.nappturality.com


7 comments:

  1. Sera's hair is beautiful. So far, she's top in my hair inspitrations list. I love that lady's hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL. Yeah. I drool every time I see her hair. It never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sera is one of my top inspirations !

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg...I loooovvvvveeee your hair....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...