Jul 26, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW | Beautiful Textures Curl Definer Styling Custard on Transitioning Hair

Beautiful Textures Curl Definer Styling Custard for Mixed Textures

I recently received the Beautiful Textures Curl Definer Styling Custard. At first, I figured that I have transitioning hair so it won't work on my hair since there are no curls to define. But hey, it is a definer so I tried things a little differently. Keep reading for more.




ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Beautiful Textures Curl Definer Styling Custard is enriched with Aloe Vera, Coconut, Olive, Vitamin E, Argan Oil, Shea and Mango Butter. Achieve amazing manageability and styling versatility for Curly, Wavy, Kinky-Coily or Frizzy hair. Get soft defined curls, bodacious bouncy spirals, and smooth silky tresses while nurturing natural growth of mixed textured hair.

DIRECTIONS
After hair is cleaned and conditioned, begin applying quarter-sized amounts of Curl Definer Custard to hair in sections, from roots to ends. Rake your fingers through tresses until you see your desired definition. To help evenly distribute in thicker hair, keep a spray bottle handy and gently mist with water (add just enough to help manage each section). Set your style by sitting under a dryer for 25 minutes or allowing to air dry.

Plaits and resulting braid-out on transitioning hair

MY USAGE
I used the product to do a braid-out. I washed and detangled while conditioning then rinsed. I applied the Curl Definer to my hair then detangled again which was extremely easy with the slip. The product dries fast though so I quickly plait then pin the ends of my hair to my head. I allowed my hair to air dry then applied oil, unravelled and fluffed.




THE VERDICT
I give this product a 4/5. Hair can get frizzy if you don't add oil to your hair before adding the product. It claims to be moisturising but I think it gives more slip than moisture. It gives excellent definition. Perhaps you will get a review on curly hair soon to see the rake, scrunch and go results.




FOLLOW KIK   on   FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  INSTAGRAM  |  PINTEREST

––––––––––––––

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...