Sep 20, 2013

Your Editor-in-chief's Transitioning Salt & Pepper Night Out

KiK Magazine Editor, Diedre with her Hair Stylist, Natalie of Aldejahs

Ridiculously excited about meeting and interviewing celebrity hair stylist, Felicia Leatherwood (blog post coming next week) before the Nettle and Moss Event,  I decided to visit my trusted stylist for a 'do. Since transitioning back to natural hair again, I've been excited about all my new growth and wanted to play with a new style and a new trend - grey hair. After years of wanting to dye my mane grey and seeing celebrities trying it out, I decided add in a few strands of grey kanekalon hair instead.

Rihanna sporting salt and pepper (grey) hair

I'm probably alone here, but I love to leave the salon with my hair minimally styled. This allows me to customise it to my own look and Natalie is very accommodating. So, I asked her to leave the front uncurled the day before the event so that I could do my staple, funky pompadour. You can see that pic below.

Natural Hairstyle on Transitioning Hair with Grey Kanekalon bits included

I really love the greyish silver highlights. They match my natural grey perfectly and aren't extremely distracting. They just add an extra bit of dimension and style.

Being the busy bee I am, I set my hair on perm rods the night before the event. I'm sure Natalie could have done better but such is my busy life. See me hair at the Nettle and Moss event below. I took a minute to pose for the camera with my hair stylist.



Well, Felicia loved my hair so much that she asked to meet my stylist, Natalie, at the Nettle and Moss hair event and further asked her to help style the big chop winner for the night.

Jamaican Hair Stylist, Natalie of Aldejahs,  acting as an assistant to Felicia Leatherwood 

To follow Aldejahs on Facebook, CLICK HERE and check out more pics of my outfit for the night below.

KiK Editor-in-Chief, Diedre, wearing  RĂªve Jewelry

Diedre rarely leaves home without her chunky Fossil watch.
Dress – Burlington Coat Factory 

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...