Oct 29, 2019

WHAT A YEAR - WITH A RELAXER!!!!

So, Keep it Kinky has been dormant for a while. Here's part of the reason why...

I got pretty sick at the start of the year and decided to relax my hair, for a while. it was not my best move. I really should have just done a low hairstyle but instead, I relaxed. I just didn't feel confident without hair, given my horrible adult acne. So, after a few months and improving health, this is the transitioning result (about 2 months post relaxer).

My newly transitioning hair in September 2019


Before this, I went through a range of styles, all of which I could never capture here, but I placed a 2-year recap to show some of my length-revealing styles and a couple of protective styles.


2019 Relaxed Styles



2018 Natural Hairstyles







October 2018 - Stretched Puffed out Twist-out

\


February 2018 - Puffy Wash n Go on 4c Hair


August 2018 - French Roll Updo into a Twist-out


October 2017 - Natural cornrows with hair added to back



Sept 2017 - Sept 2018


2016 was about that Tapered Afro life

  


Well, I'm headed back to square 1 - transitioning all over again. So, obviously, I didn't "Keep It Kinky" before. But, I won't let that halt my goals. The relaxed hair served it's the purpose of giving me a break from any real hairstyling. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up with my natural hair this time around - with good health! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...