Mar 1, 2010

The Hatian Hunny of Washington DC loves her locs.

Natacha (pronounced Natasha) was born in the United States but lives in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Her family is from Haiti.





















When did you go natural and why?
I went natural 10yrs ago, but was still texturizing from time to time. I did the big chop because I was tired of having to style my hair and although I had long hair, I hated dealing with it, so I decided to chop it all off. I started locking 3yrs ago and have been completely chemical free since.

When and why did you decide to lock your hair?

I decided to lock my hair in 2005 because I finally saw examples of well kept locks and realized that if I could keep them neat and professional, locking was for me.

What method do you use to lock your hair?

I started my locks with TST's (two strand twists). I maintain them by palm-rolling and the occasional interlock every few months.

What have you loved most about being locked?

The freedom!!! This was why I did the big chop so many years ago.

What have you liked least?

The beginning stages and the few bad hair days I had during that stage.

What's your best advice for people transitioning to natural or locks?
Patience.. It will come and if you exercise patience, there is beauty on the other side. I promise!

What is your favorite natural hair care website or forum?
I don't have a favorite natural hair care website actually. I was inspired by sisters I saw on Fotki.com that were chronicling their locking journey, so I did the same when I started, but it isn't a natural hair care site.


Inspirations and blessings,
Nat






Special thanks to Natalie and www.photosbyvicki.com for the wonderful words and images. See more of her images at http://members.fotki.com/HaitianHunny/about/ .

17 comments:

  1. much love to my haitian sister!

    i've been to her fotki
    her locs are pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a great interview. i'll have to remember those questions when wanting to talk to someone else who's loced.

    i can't wait to get locs and just reading that gave me hope. she's another one of my many inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a great interview. i'll have to remember those questions when wanting to talk to someone else who's loced.

    i can't wait to get locs and just reading that gave me hope. she's another one of my many inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    Your locs are beautiful. How can I get the soft curl style my locs are long and similar in width to yours.

    Thanks,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there. Natacha is also now on YouTube. Check out her videos here...

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Nat0526

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the interview!I seen Haitian Honey pictures and the pictures of some of the loced girl that she admires. Her Fokti pictures made me take the jump. Thank you from one Haitian woman to another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, this beautiful, Haitian woman's locs are amazing!!!....my fotki friend, as well! -Tetchaje

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute blog! I'm a new follower : )
    I love reading your posts on hair care and look forward to seeing more.


    Please check out my blog as well when you get a chance www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!!
    I went natural thid past February and I love it! I am back to my natural curly hair texture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her locs! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so late in responding to all your comments but many thanks for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,

    Your skin, hair and smile are so beautiful. Can you recommend a loctian?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your skin, hair and smile are beautiful. Can you recommend a loctian. I recently cut my locs, which where past my knees, because my hair was being pulled out. My hair has grown in except in the front, but I miss my locs. I working on them again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...