Feb 15, 2009

Pretty Dimples - Always Styling.

Her name is PrettyDimples and she is originally from Orlando FL. I met her through her Fotki pages and now everyone can see her live and direct through her Youtube Channel for great tutorials and advice. I asked her a few questions of my own.


KiK: When did you go natural and why?
PrettyDimples: My last relaxer was July 16 2005, and I BC’ed in November 2005. My hair was very damaged from relaxers and color and it had no life to it anymore.

KiK: What have you loved most about being natural?
PrettyDimples: I love that I don’t have to run from the rain or sleep cute so I don’t mess up my hair. I love the fact that I can scratch my scalp any time I want without wondering about my scalp burning from the relaxer. Man I use to hate that. lol

KiK. What have you liked least?
PrettyDimples: There is actually nothing I don’t like about it. I love being natural. The one and only time I am actually happy about the way I look

KiK. What's your best advice for people transitioning to natural?
PrettyDimples: The advice I would give is to do the BC (Big Chop) early when you have about 2 inches of hair. Its fun to see your hair go through stages and play with it as it grows. Don’t be afraid of what people will think or say. Do you and enjoy the journey. It’s a beautiful thing. Don’t get caught up with how society views as beauty. Define your own beauty. Don’t give up and don’t get discouraged.

KiK. What is your favorite natural hair care website or forum?
PrettyDimples: I love Fotki and Youtube. You meet all different types of people with different textures and ideas that you can feed off of.

KiK. What are your top three products and why?
PrettyDimples: Eco style gel is my number 1. It slicks down my hair without flaking. Mixed chicks leave in conditioner it leaves my hair soft and Miss Jessie’s hair line of products. They just work so darn well.

KiK. What is your favorite natural style?
PrettyDimples: I have too many to name just one. I just love to style my natural hair.

7 comments:

  1. I love that first style with the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her channel. Been watching it for the past week now. She's very much fly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most adventurous natural hairstyles, period!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing a lot of you styles. I get a lot of awesome feed back. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have incredible hair! What kinds of natural hair care products do you use? It looks really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Richey

    You can find her channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/PRETTYDIMPLES01 where she talks about her hair regimens etc. It's very informative.

    @ Latoya
    I'm glad you're enjoying the styling.

    @ Miss Marche
    Yup. Her channel is great. She gives lots of wonderful tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how long have you had your hair natural ?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...