Mar 5, 2009

A Natural Haired Pokahontas

Pokahontas, United States

KiK: When did you go natural and why?

Pokahontas: I started transitioning around 2001 because I no longer wanted harsh chemicals being used in my hair. My hair was very damaged when I was relaxed and I was wanting to focus more on my hair's health. I also no longer saw the point of using a relaxer because no matter what my curls always came back so I was still having to do the same things to my hair then that I do to it now as a natural.

KiK: What have you loved most about being natural?

Pokahontas: Everything! Most of all I would say the versatility and health of my hair. I just love my curls and all the styles I can wear curly or straight.

KiK: What have you liked least?
Pokahontas: The ONLY thing I can say I don't like is the knots I get on the ends of my individual strands...."Pixie Knots".

KiK: What's your best advice for people transitioning to natural?

Pokahontas: When I transitioned I didn't know what I was doing (no hair boards or internet) but I did do all the research I could and I would strongly advise that. Now there is so much information out there to help you so just do your research. I would also suggest regular protein and deep conditioning treatments to keep the line of demarcation strong. This was my main focus while transitioning.

KiK: What is your best advice for people who are trying to stay natural?

Pokahontas: Experiment!!! I've done so many styling experiments on my hair to get it to do what I want and now I can pretty much manipulate it to do whatever I want it to. Just don't be afraid to experiment and have fun with it!

KiK: What are your top three products and why?

Pokahontas: Coconut oil because the shine is amazing and it's one of the few oils that penetrates the hair strand.-Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream.....probably the best moisturizer I've ever used.-Sabino Moisture Block......this serum keeps my hair straight even in humid weather.

KiK: Where on the web can you be found?
Pokahontas: http://members.fotki.com/Pokahontas/about/

2 comments:

  1. I love her hair and those earrings are fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow her hair is soo long, and she has nice curls.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...