Dec 3, 2010

Quotes to Live By

I made an obvious conclusion today. You must go fishing for the life you want. You have to go to the water to get the fish. My desired "fish" is a more entertaining, satisfying and fulfilling weekend. I often wish my weekends looked different but 90% of the time, I do nothing to change it. I need to be like the kingfisher birds and their fish. I need to swoop down and claim the things I want.


 Kingfisher birds are famous for hunting and eating  a wide variety of fish.

Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.   – Grandma Moses

We make choices everyday. Today, I am choosing to have a fabulous weekend. I want to go to the places I choose, do the home improvement project I've been procrastinating on and finish two freelance jobs. I'm also going to watch three movies. Yes, I really like movies. They relax, excite, entertain and more. What's not to love? OK, enough about the movies. 


What do you want your weekend to look like? Make it happen. And when it doesn't happen, look for the good points and applaud yourself for your effort. Tell me, what do you want to make happen this week or weekend? Leave a comment if you choose.

5 comments:

  1. Great post! very inspirational, this weekend I choose to spend it with my family talking, playing and enjoying each others company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicki. Play hard! lol. Hope you have a great weekend doing exactly what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is beautiful. Very inspiring. Thank you for the inspiration.

    (I wrote something on your skin care week 1 post)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. life is not fair and sure not easy. so the best way i find to take comfort is with some quotes, most of the times it make me feel better but i know that it will be just for a little while if the big problem havent been solved yet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...