Dec 22, 2010

Trying Comb Coils

Season's Greetings everyone!

I tried something new a while ago to test out a style (comb coils) that I could do for a while until my now awkward-lengthed teeny weeny afro grows out. For some reason, my hair has been growing with straight strands sticking out – VERY odd. I needed something to help tame the mane. This $25 USD hairstyle became the result.

I didn't like it at first. If you look at the picture below, my scalp is on full display. I didn't like it. Everyone, however, seemed to love it. To my surprise, I received countless compliments. Since the style obviously allows me to look presentable for work, I'll probably try it again.

The comb coils took about 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours to complete. This includes washing and drying. I was surprised by how well my extremely short hair took the coils so this is definitely a style for those with very short hair. The style should last up to three weeks and is said to do best on shorter hair. Comb coils are also a great way to start locs, however, I would suggest having slightly longer hair in order to have full control over the size of your locs.

6 comments:

  1. They look great! I'm starting my locs with comb coils, but someone else put them in for me. I've been natural since 2003, but the comb coils have never been a style I was able to master on my own, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great, I tried fingercoils, and I have come to the realization that I DO NOT have patience with short hair! My hair has been short many times, and long many times, the best winter protective style for me right now would be fingercoils or comb coils but the patience isn't there! I can never master them in my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ MAilie – Yeah girl. They were professionally done. I attempted to redo one which resulted in an epic fail! lol.

    @ Tameron – Thanks girl. I Don't have it either. Definitel a salon style for me.

    @ Rennea – Thanks girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely hair style!! also, ur skin is looking fab!!! keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...