Jan 28, 2011

Protective Styling for Teeny Weeny Afros

Dear Keep It Kinky,

Ahhhh!!! 
My hair is starting to get to that in between stage. I have to be combing it everyday because I smash it down and the curls tighten up every night when I go to sleep. What can I do so that I don't have to be combing my hair all the time?

– Frustrated





Dear Frustrated,

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble but there is a solution! You can do comb coils! Comb coils can be done on hair as short as one inch in length.
Bonus!
Comb coils (as shown in the picture) is a low-manipulation, protective style that keeps your hands and combs out of your hair for up to two weeks (until the next wash), reducing breakage from regular combing and maximizing growth.

Also, if you did not get your hair cut at the barber your ends may not be as blunt as my inch and a half hair. IF you didn't get a barber chop and have 2 or more inches of hair, you may be able to do micro twists or tiny sister twists (called rope twists in Jamaica). 

I hope my suggestions helped  so that you won't be frustrated for long.  Good luck on your natural journey.

— Keep It Kinky

Protective Styling is the use of low manipulation hairstyles that does not leave your lose hair exposed to damaging elements e.g.  cold air, cotton shirt collars.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...