Feb 16, 2011

The Power of Positive Thinking: Bad Hair Day Edition

Have you ever had one of those days? It started of all wrong - with your hair. You looked in the mirror and it was like staring mayhem and disappointment in the face when you looked at your twist-out-gone-wrong.

This was a bad hair day but I kept my head up and people loved it!

Here is the truth. Your twist-out may have gone all wrong, but your attitude doesn't have to go wrong too. It takes time to perfect the art of hair styling. Think about it. Learning how to do most things perfectly takes time, so why shouldn't learning how to do your hair or a particular hairstyle take time too. Anyway. I'm going off topic. Here is how you solve the bad hair day problem.


Tips for Tackling a Bad Hair Day.



Change your attitude! 

Your hair may not look how you planned but that doesn't mean it can't still look good. Stay positive. Keeping your cool allows you to think clearly. ACCEPT that the style you planned went wrong and CHOOSE to make the the best of the situation.


Keep your weapons close.

I usually keep hair pins, a hair tie/band or two and a moisturizing hair lotion in my bag or car at ALL times. You never know when it will rain or your style will just flop. You could go from a frizzy twist-out to a fabulous stylish afro puff or sophisticated updo in minutes by using the few tools mentioned above.

Be prepared.

If you are like me, you've probably scoured the net looking for natural hairstyles that you love. Keep a few in mind or even print off pictures to remind you of styles that you can do quickly. Also, never wait till the "big day" to try a new style. Try it at least twice before to make sure it will turn out the way you like. Watch Youtube videos and visit blogs for tutorials on quick hairstyles.

Remember.

A bad hair day is just one bad hair day. It's not the end of the world. If all else fails, you can go to a salon (though this is rarely necessary). Having a slew of bad hair days? Go to a salon. Remember, you think clearest when you are calm. You will know what is best for you. There is a solution for most simple problems. And yes, a bad hair day is simply nothing compared to the problems of many starving children in the world.

Stay positive and keep it kinky!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post and the positive attitude that you have! Your sight is wonderful. Yes, I have had bad twist outs, but I decided to put my hair in a ponytail and leave one twist in the front. OMG! I got so many compliments when I did this!!! Plus this is a cute hair style to use as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out my blog please

    http://naturalgirltotheworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I need these reminders sometimes...im still trying to figure out my head

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. I try not to think of them as 'bad hair days' but as 'learning experiences...that I may never re-visit!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Simple Thing - Thanks. Learning experiences. Good point. lol.

    Gorgeous Gab - We alll need these reminders sometimes. Believe me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...