Mar 31, 2011

A Hairy Decision: Plaits

I'm not a big fan of plaits, or box braids (Whatever you call them).

The Cons:  
  • The sort of scalpy large plaits take a long time install. 
  • The plaits seemingly forever to take down. 
 The pros however outweighs the cons for me right now.

The Pros 
  • My hair is "did" and I don't have to think about doing anything with it for a while. 
  • It can be done on hair with blunt ends without unraveling (unlike twists). 

See pics of my new style below.

New Plaits
Isn't there always one that sticks up and misbehaves?
I guess this is what the short people will see looking up.


Please note that these photographs are not royalty free and permission must be sought and approval received before using any photographs on this blog. 

5 comments:

  1. It looks good! let me see how long you will keep them now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this style on you....! I wish I could have the patience to sit down and install small braids like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Miss Nicolette. You could always do what I did and dpay someone to do them for you. This didn't take as much as two hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I remember transitioning back in 2002. It was so difficult that I ended up with long micro braids that i'd wear for months before getting redone. One weekend after taking down my extensions, I went to a shop and let them cut out my relaxer and even up my hair. I came home and looked at my freshly washed hair in the mirror and I remember marveling at my fou inches of loose natural hair and not knowing what to do with it. Back then I was not using the internet as a resource and so I had no idea how to style my natural hair. I really wish I had known how lovely box braids could look on short hair back then cause I'm sure i'd have rocked them like you're doing in this picture. You go girl! Simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...