Apr 15, 2011

Weaves Stealing Hairlines

You've probably seen this picture or video before but I look at it very differently now.


I went to the hairdresser last week Saturday. Three women were in the shop to have their weaves done and none of them had hairlines. Well, I guess they had hairlines but they started much further back on their heads than they naturally should. I'm not gonna lie. It was scary. One of the women remarked, "You believe I've been wearing my hair in weaves for ten whole years without even a 2 day break in between?" I saw an article in The Baltimore Sun on the whole weave thing and how damaging it can be and just decided to do this little post.

All I can really say is...

BEWARE OF THE WEAVE. 

I"ll leave it at that y'all. Yes, I'm maybe one of 5 Jamaicans that says the word "y'all." Cut me some slack. I lived in the midwest USA for a while.

Oh, but speaking of weaves and fake hair. lol. Here is the hairstyle I got while there. (I don't plan on doing this again anytime soon. I was scared natural.)

4 comments:

  1. so how do u wear your hair on a regular basis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Afrikaisi,

    I can hardly answer. My hair is very short right now so it's been in an afro or twist-out for most of the past few months. Before then I have had both locs and relaxed hair. My preference would be to have a medium length braid-out however which I would pin up in different updo styles for work. I'm still contemplating small locs though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Jamaican and I also say ya'll, although I have been known to say oonu on occasion. lol.

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahha. Hey Anonymous. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...