May 4, 2011

Cold Feet: Commitment Issues

My braidlocs are like the perfect man.  Mr Perfect checks out, you know? He has everything you want and need. He loves you, gives you more than you could ask for and STILL, you are looking at other people's man and wondering why you're not content with your fine as hell, educated, loving, sexy man.

My Braidlocs (plaits that I would interlock at the root until my entire length of hair is locked) are handsome. I've received many compliments on and questions about them. Some people have told me that they are jelaous that I have these braidlocs and they don't. They give me freedom like no other hairstyle. I just wake up in the morning and go and I need that freedom. And a bonus, I can style them in minutes! They are just too good to me. I love them for that. I couldn't ask for more. Better still, I don't have to worry about them being unfaithful. I know exactly what my braidlocs need and they aren't needy at all. I only need to yield to them every few weeks and give them a nice little fix and they are happy for a while to come... even when I mistreat them a little. No 2 hour detangling sessions and 6 hour protective styling methods.

So then, why am I looking at kimmaytube's hair and wishing my hair was loose so that I could grow out my hair long and see what it looks like out and not locked? I looked at my pics. My hair suits me better locked. That should be the end of all decision-making... but it's not. o


I have cold feet – ice cold feet and commitment issues. Now, I'm considering just replaiting my hair in the plaits it is in now every 3 weeks to keep them neat. I can replait in sections, redoing the front and back two weeks apart. Week 2 - front, week 4, back, week 6 front and so on.  I Could also loc them for 3 months then take them down. Perhaps I could just plait them every three months and keep the plaits for three months at a time too, maintaining the roots by interlocking. Oh the options. Yes still, locs would be sooo much easier! Will I ever commit?

5 comments:

  1. Okay I LOVE this post. You sound just like, but I never thought of it as "committment issues" I guess if we are going to look at them as a relationship we need to apply the 80/20 rule lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Hi Anonymous. Maybe we should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, are you up to doing all of that braiding and take down?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because you seem so unsure about what to do I believe you should do the braid and take down for now. If you change your mind then you can alway allow the plaits to loc. I think a person who is planning to loc their hair should be sure it is the hair style she wants instead of second guessing herself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really think I am fully unsure. I think I'm more fighting against what is right for me. Complicated. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...