Nov 22, 2010

Pescy Dreams

I still haven't quite converted to being a Vegetarian... at all. Besides health reasons, see why I want to convert here. Frankly, on my budget, the free in-office chicken meals are too tempting to resist. The problem - I'm not prepared. I need to begin taking lunch to work. At the very least, I should be packing a sandwich for lunch if I have any hope of becoming a Pescatarian (seafood-eating vegetarian). I have little problem resisting cow, pig and goat meat. Yes, we eat goats in Jamaica.

Chicken isn't served everyday at work, however. I've been doing well, incorporating one new vegetarian meal into my diet each week. I'm not letting go of my dream to become a full-fledged pescatarian. This past week, I tried the a Red Peas Loaf from Simply Delicious. It's a little take-out food place located in New Kingston, Jamaica.





I'm not gaga about this loaf but I'd have it again. It's one more thing I can add to my vegetarian menu and that is fantastic. 

Tip for Vegetarian Wanna-bees!
Adding one or two new vegetarian dishes you like to your menu is a sure but steady way to have you eating less meat over time.


2 comments:

  1. Howdy,

    Not sure what your workplace is like. But maybe you could ask that they cater for your preferences as well. At my workplace, they have a vegetarian/pescatarian option each day, because I small percentage of the staff do not eat meat.

    Latoya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Latoya,

    Unfortunately, that isn't an option. They do have random days where there are vegetarian friendly options. They aren't always the tastiest though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...