Dec 4, 2012

I Love Fall Tag | Blog Edition

It's still Fall, right? Hehe. Well, I'm late in doing this tag but it has been popular on YouTube so I decided to do a blog edition instead for the KiK readers. Check it out below.

One of my old go-to Fall natural hairstyle – individual plaits covered with a tam

  1. What is your YouTube username and where are you from?
    My personal YouTube username is COMEandMINGLE and I'm from Jamaica but have lived in the United States, which is when I fell in love with Fall.
  2. What is your favourite cold weather protective style?
    My favourite cold weather protective style is a revised french roll for longer hair and individual twists or plaits for shorter hair. (Tutorials on my revised french roll can be found in a video below).

    My Favourite Fall Natural Hairstyle
  3. What do you do differently in your hair regimen in the cold or winter?
    I moisturize both in the morning and the night. I also tend to wash my hair a little less frequently since my scalp usually doesn't sweat at all. Additionally, I do moisture treatments weekly since my hair dries out so much in the colder climates.
                           
  4. What are your favourite fall TV shows?
    Uhm... whatever is new on HGTV or USA. LOL. That is probably what I end up watching most of the time and all year round. I'm really more of a movie girl than a TV girl.
  5. What are you favourite fall hair accessories?
    My accessories? Well, whatever I use for my revised french roll  or bun. They are fast, easy and stylist for everyday wear.




  6. What is your favourite fall activity?
    I like going for walks and visiting museums. It's just such a beautiful time of year so you'd likely find me on a deck or sitting somewhere hoping it doesn't randomly get too chilly to be out. If it's too cold, I like being home with a good book or movie and a great cup of vanilla chai tea or something other fruit tea.
  7. Are there any styles that you will be trying in the next few months? 
    Yes! I will be trying a myriad of protective styles.
  8. If you could give only one tip about fall and winter hair care, what would it be?
    Stay on top of your moisture/protein balance game and do protective styling if you can't manage your moisture balance while wearing your hair out.

    I moisturize every morning and night religiously once the fall season hits. However, if my hair gets to be over-moisturized (mushy and stretchy to the point of tearing), I have no problem shifting to a deep protein conditioner once a month (too much protein makes hair hard and brittle) then using my moisturize and seal routine to retain moisture. I repeat that moisturize and seal routing daily to keep my hair moisturized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...