Dec 7, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEWS | Cantu® and Beautiful Textures® Moisture & Seal Routine

I try to moisturize and seal my hair everyday. What am I talking about? Keep reading to find out what I mean, what new products I've been trying out and how they work.


Water is the most moisturizing ingredient you're going to find naturally occuring in nature with no manipulation. The problem - it evaporates easily. This is why we must seal/lock in the moisture gained from water to our hair. So, how do I do this?

After a Wash
When my hair is about 80% dry, I add a moisturiser (like a shea butter infused mix) then seal in the water and moisture with an oil. Recently, I have been using Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Coconut Curling Cream as my moisturizer and Coconut oil or another light oil like Beautiful Textures Shine & Silken Growth Oil to seal in the moisture.

Nightly
I usually skip spritzing with water since this sometimes messes up my style. Until this week, I hadn't found a proper replacement for the water. Most products are heavy and leave too much build-up in my hair. Instead, I opt for a water-based moisutriser.

The solution - Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Creamy Hair Lotion. It's a water based cream and contains no mineral oils sulfates or parabens etc. (sulfates and parabens typically weight down my hair). It's very light which makes it great for daily use. I can even use it at morning and in the night. I seal in the moisture now with Beautiful Textures Shine & Silken Growth Oil. It functions. It's just as good as my coconut oil and is also light enough to use daily.

In all, I am LOVNG this new Cantu and Beautiful Textures combination. I use it nightly and occasionally in the morning if I haven't slept with my bonnet.


1 comment:

  1. i'll give the cantu product line one more try...

    jen
    http://trinibkbabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...