Sep 15, 2013

Alicia Keys Inspired Hairstyle on Transitioning Hair

Alicia Keys inspired Hairstyle on Locs and Transitioning Hair

So, I'm about 5 months post-relaxer and happily transitioning back to natural hair. I saw the style pictured above on Alicia Keys and just had to try it. That's me in the picture on the right and Alicia Keys on the left. The style is versatile and can work on almost any hair type or occasion. KiK Reader with locked hair, Hempress, got her hair styled in a similar way. Her picture is shown in the middle above. How do you think we did?

Alicia Keys Inspired Protective Hairstyle on Transitioning Hair

One thing to remember about being inspired is that you don't have to do the exact hairstyle. My hair wasn't 100% smooth from the front but I just went with it. Don't feel like you've failed if you don't get your hair to look exactly like an inspiration pic. Just do your best and make the style work for you.

Alicia Keys Inspired Protective Hairstyle on Transitioning Hair

This style took me about 5-10 minutes to create on stretched hair. 
  • I just sectioned the front and clipped it away then cornrowed/french braided the back of my hair and plaited the ends. 
  • After this, I tucked the ends in as best I could and pinned it secure. 
  • For the front, I detangled thoroughly and brushed my hair to the front. 
  • I then slightly twisted the end and tucked it into the top of my braid and secured it with a pin. 
  • I then used hair pins to secure anything that wasn't quite in place into position.
That's all it took. So yes, I'll be doing this hairstyle quite often.





I don't usually do Outfit of the Day (OOTD) posts but I figured I'd post my outfit as well. I was pleasantly surprised that the style, though edgy, worked with my very simple outfit style. 



Keep It Kinky!

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––


3 comments:

  1. I loove this style! it's perfect on you! your blog is a pretty find!
    Hindie and Eva from the blog: www.pardonmymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Gorgeous Options to this hairstyle. Natural Hair is Hot HONEY! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...