Apr 9, 2011

The First Year of Locs - A Picture Diary

This is Hatian Hunny after 5 beautiful years of locking her hair.
If you are considering locking your hair, you've probably wondered what to expect in the first year of locking. We often hear that we have to go through the ugly phase before we get to the beautiful mature locs that Hatian Hunny is boasting above. How long will my hair take to lock? Well, the answer is - It's different for everybody because of our varying textures of hair. Nevertheless, seeing someone else's picture diary can give you an idea of what you may experience. Hatian Hunny was nice enough to share  her 1st year of locs in pictures with Keep It Kinky.

Day 1 - Locs

Month 2 - Locs

Month 2 - Locs

Month 3 - Locs

Month 4 - Locs

Month 5 - Locs

Month 5 - Locs

Month 6 - Locs

Month 7 - Locs

Month 9 - Locs

Month 11 - Locs
A comparison shot - Locs

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm just speechless! Thank both of you for this post. What an inspiration for newbies like me (well, 6mths loc'd and going on). Haitian Hunny, your hair is beautiful and really looks so healthy. Not loc envy, just wholesome encouragement and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm coming up on 4 months. I started mine with coils and my hair was very short. I can't wait to see how the rest of the year progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her hair is beautiful. I'm sorry I did not document my journey. For more on loc'd hair and styles you may checkout my blog;
    http://junglebarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW !!!! She is amazing with her hair !!!! So pretty !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. Ladies. I agree with you all. Hey pictorial hair journal is such an inspiration. Her hair is GORgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that, my homegirl! I miss her, we met at naptural gatherings in the DMV area. Her hair is lovely had she has done a great job at documenting the process.
    www.nicoleisthenewblack.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the great comments and compliments ladies. I'm happy that the photos chronicling my locks journey have inspired so many!!

    Inspirations and blessings,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...