Apr 13, 2011

My Mamayashi Knockoff Bangle Bags

I was inspired by the Mamayashi Collection on Facebook the other night. See an original  Mamayashi Collection bag below...


Now, I hung out with a few ladies two weeks ago. They all had cute bags and I had my regular "suitcase/travel bag" that I carried to work. I'm on a SERIOUS budget so I was beyond elated when I saw the Mamayashi bag. I can make that. So in about 50 minutes one night, I decided to make two knock-off bags. (My knock-offs aren't even lined but I don't care. Shhh. Don't tell.) See the pics below.

A cheapo glass bangle I got from some discount jewelry store, scrap fabric & a recycled strap. 
How I finished the bottom

My Mamayashi knock-off. I need to straighten that left edge. lol. Or do I? Hmmm. lol.
I had no extra brown zips so I went for the high-contrast.

4 comments:

  1. Yes ma'am but I'm no Martha Stewart. lol. I only know enough to get by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. liked the high contrast one.good for you. guess you can sell em at etsy.com soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Hi Anonymous. I'm not sure anyone would be interested in buying them from me on Etsy but thanks for the vote of confidence. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...