Apr 2, 2011

Product Review: Shielo's HYDRATE Vibrancy Conditioner

I was apprehensive at first. After all, I've already found my staple products. I don't need another product right now. After all, Shielo has a white woman on the front page of their website so it probably wouldn't work on my thick, natural afro-textured hair. Anyway. It is a certified organic and paraben free conditioner and I'm alll for that so... I washed my hair with my regular shampoo and proceeded to apply their HYDRATE Vibrancy Conditioner.

Amazinggg! First of all, it has a thick consistency. You thick kinky haired girls know we love our thick conditioners. When it touched my hair however, it seemed to melt in. It wasn't gluey. It gave fantastic slip. I was able to untangle my hair very easily and frankly, in record time. Paired with the Tangle Teezer, it was a breeze. I honestly have no complaint with the product. If it wasn't out of my pocket's reach at $22.49 per bottle, I'd be grabbing this stuff up! A little product does go a long way though. I didn't have to use half of the amount of conditioner I use with other products so I might just give this one another go by purchasing it online.

Although the conditioner is from the HYDRATE line, however, it does contain some protein so you may still need a moisture treatment every once in a while. (See the ingredients pictured below.) Protein conditioners can sometimes make our curly hair a little dry but I haven't experienced any dryness so far. My hair only feels stronger and I follow up this conditioner with leave-in moisturizers so I'm pretty happy with the product. I am seriously considering buying a couple of bottles and keeping them around to use once in a while but the price has my heart hurting. My take, it's definitely worth trying if you can afford it!




I received this conditioner from Shielo products for review but it has in no way affected my opinion of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...