Apr 28, 2011

Thank You (Decision Made)


Hello everyone. I am very thankful to all of you who voted and made comments on my last post. I really appreciate every single person's input.I know I'll be asked why I am considering getting locs sand the simple reason is that I have grown to dislike the unpredictability of my loose natural hair. 

I love my loose natural hair, but at this stage in my life, I don't have the energy to deal with needing to go into a 2pm meeting feeling uncomfortable because my fabulous morning braid-out has become an afternoon poof-ball.

(Had to put that out there big and bold, literally. lol.) I am humbled by how many of you voted and so feel I can only be honest about my decision. 

The Plan
I have a Sunday appointment to get my hair plaited in very small plaits. I hope to keep these plaits and interlock the roots for 3 months. After this, I will decide whether to keep them and turn them into (braid)locs. In response to whether I will miss my Afro, I might, but I've been missing the versatility and ease of my previous loc journey far more than I missed my Afro while locking. My only concern is how thin the plaits will look in the beginning. Let's see how it goes. And please, subscribe my email (blog updates will be sent by email) or follow the blog as I will be keeping a very detailed account of my journey on this blog. 

Thanks again all!



.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, in the end its all about being comfortable with yourself and spending time in life doing the things you love. Trust me, my locs afford me the time to spend with my family and to do the things I love rather than planning my life around my hair, lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! I HATE planning things around my hair. Not to say that locs won't take time but I LOVE the freedom of being able to get up and go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your braids! How do they do a grid on a round head?! That must be difficult - I tried that on my daughter's head and it did not work - I have some triangle shaped "box braids"!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...