May 25, 2011

Synethia Ennis: Lovely, Stylish and Loc'd


Name: Synethia Ennis
Age: 31
From: Jamaica
Daily Grind:  English Kindergarten Teacher

BB: How long have you had locs and why did you decide to get them?
SE: I have had locs since 2002. I decided to go the locs route because I was tired of having perm-damaged hair,  an irritated, tender scalp and wasting my money.

BB: Yup. A lot of us have been there girl. Do you ever miss your loose natural hair though?
SE: Apart from when I was a child I have never had my hair in it's loose state. I transitioned from perm to locs via Rasta braids.

BB: Interesting. Tell us more about how you started your locs?
SE: I started my locs with rasta braids extensions. I washed my hair as usual and retwisted the new growth onto the braids. After I had 6 inches of locs I cut off the braids and sported my natural locs.

BB: Cool. How do you maintain your hair now?
SE: I usually retwist my own hair. I wash my hair every 2 weeks in the summer and every 3 to 4 weeks during winter. I use either Dr. Bonner's Tea Tree or Peppermint Shampoo or Bert's Bee Shampoo and Conditioner. I also like to use lots of home made remedies in my hair. I occasionally use rosemary and or apple cider vinegar spritz.


BB: If you could loc your hair again, what would you do differently?
SE: I would have to say no. I am very pleased with the size and look of my hair.

BB: Will you every cut or cut off your locs?
SE: I cut my locs twice since I started growing them. To cut them all off? I don't think I would do that.

BB: Haha. OK lady, where can we follow your loc journey online?
SE: Blog: http://junglebarbie.blogspot.com
       YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pecadora99
       Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jungle-Barbie/155643014486925

..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...